Activities in Research & Development
Together with students, the staff of the department "Micro & Nano Systems" is active in various national and international research and development projects in the following areas:
- MEMS (Micro-Electro-Mechanical-Systems) design
- Micro-and Nanoelectronics
- Integrated chip design
- Micro-sensors and actuators
- Micro-replication process
- Nano-coating techniques
Together with students and lecturers, topics of current interest are in the focus of cooperative research projects together with our industrial and research partners.
- FFG BRIDGE project "Nano-multilayer coatings for smart labels and smart packaging"
- Joint project of the Austrian Nano Initiative "PHONAS" (Photokathalytic Nanolayers)
- FFG BRIDGE project "POC" (Point of Care - Microfluidic sensors for medical applications)
- EU project within the 6th framework program "SEA-NET" (Semiconductor Equipment Assessment for Nanoelectronic Technologies)
- BMVIT program line A3 "SENSAFE" (Optical sensors for automotive safety systems)
- FHplus project "Use of rapid prototyping processes for micro molding"
- FFG BRIDGE project "Rapid prototyping of cellular structures"
- BMVIT - MNA - Networking "Micro-and Nano-Initiative Austria"
- FFG COIN project "FaN" (Humidity nano pigments for smart packaging and surfaces)
- TecNet project "Sustainable thermal paper"