The department of "Micro- & Nanosystems" offers a computer lab and well equipped technical laboratories. This infrastructure is available for students in the context of teaching, individual projects as well as for research and development.
Micro- & Nanoelectronics
- Waferprober – probe station for 6" wafers including DC and RF probes up to 20GHz
- Industrial parameter analyzer – device characterization up to wafer-level testing
- Electronic measurement devices – e.g. 6GHz real-time oscilloscope, 2.5GHz mixed signal oscilloscope, network analyzer, spectrum analyzer, pico-amperemeter, LCR-meter
Design & Simulation
- CADENCE - microelectronics design software for integrated circuit design
- COMSOL, ANSYS - Finite element simulation
- MATLAB / Simulink - modeling, analysis, signal processing
- CATIA - 3D CAD design
- PSPICE, ALTIUM - Electronic design
- EAGLE, ORCAD - PCB layout
- QUARTUS – FPGA design
- Tools for optical simulation and ray tracing
Optics & Laser Technology
- Optical components - lenses, prisms, filters, polarizers, objectives, beam splitters, gratings, ...
- Opto-mechanical components - lens holders, stages, optical bench, breadboards, ...
- Fiber optics - single and multimode fibers, attenuators, waveguide couplers, collimators, ...
- Lasers - various gas, semiconductor and solid-state lasers (CW up to Gbit modulation)
- Optical Metrology - optical receivers, power meter, spectrometers (UV, VIS, NIR)
- High-resolution microscopes with camera and analysis software
- AFM - Atomic Force Microscope
- STM - Scanning Tunneling Microscope
- Optical film thickness measurement device
- 3D coordinate measuring machine
- Fringe projection meter